Landscape Design – 2017 College Internship
Shorescapes by Schultz is accepting applications for a Landscape Design Intern for the 2017 Summer Season.
This position is located in Grand Haven, Michigan and is very close to beautiful Lake Michigan and some of the most popular beaches and towns. Local beach front cities include Saugatuck, Holland, Grand Haven, and Muskegon. We are just 30 minutes from Grand Rapids and its vibrant nightlife and cultural attractions.
The qualified candidate will have some exposure to the landscape industry. The ideal candidate will be working towards a degree in Landscape Design, Landscape Horticulture, or a related field.
This is anticipated to be a Full Time, Seasonal position, generally Monday through Friday, but occasional evening and Saturday hours may occur.
For the right candidate, a successful Internship may result in the opportunity for a future Full Time position.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Shorescapes is a Reserve Friendly Employer!
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email a current Cover Letter, Resume, and References / Letters of Recommendation to careers @ schultzscape .com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform initial customer consultation to outline customer intentions for Landscape.
- Working with Sales Team, design a solution within the customer’s budget.
- Along with Sales Team and On-Site Lead, monitor the installation of projects so the end state conforms with the intended design sold to the customer.
- Communicate status of projects to Company, On-Site Lead, and Customer.
- Willingness to explore all aspects of Residential and Commercial Landscape Services, including:
- Retail Sales Support (Saturdays included)
- Landscape installations
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and time management.
- Duties and responsibilities of the Intern may change based on Intern’s skill set, willingness to learn, and needs of Shorescape Investments, LLC.
- At least 2nd Year Student currently pursuing a Landscape Design, Landscape Horticulture, or similar degree.
- Knowledge of current landscape materials, processes, and trends.
- Knowledge of plantings and soils appropriate to the West Michigan area.
- A design portfolio of projects.
- Experience in Landscape Design software.
- Experience interacting with customers and in customer service roles.
- Clean driving record.
- Must pass necessary drug and alcohol screening process.
- Experience in landscape construction, landscape design, or similar work.
- Landscape industry certifications.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation based on experience.
- Company vehicle will be provided for customer visits.
- Company uniforms are provided.