Landscape Construction Team Member
Landscape Construction Team / Non-Exempt Full-Time Position
This position is part of one of the landscape construction teams, delivering high quality services for Shorescapes. Shorescapes values self-starters with attention to detail, commitment to superior customer service, and a willingness to help develop greater efficiencies in the business.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Shorescapes is a Reserve Friendly Employer!
Apply in-person at our Grand Haven location or use this Quick Form.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation of hardscape materials (boulders, stones, patio pavers, wall blocks, fire pits, fireplaces, timber walls, decking, fences).
- Installation of softscape materials (trees, shrubs, plants, mulch, bark, edging).
- Removal of existing landscape materials.
- Operate appropriate machinery including skid steer, mini-excavator, truck and trailer combination, loaders.
- Ability to work in a face-paced, team environment, with or without direct supervision.
- Communicate with Customer and Team Members to complete tasks.
- Understand written and oral directions to meet customer requirements.
- Read and understand design plans.
- Prepare customer change requests for submission to Account Manager for review.
- Ability to work 10+ hours per day when necessary, weekends/evenings as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Two (2) years in landscape construction.
- Two (2) years in machinery operation.
- Clean driving record and hold a valid Chauffeur Driver License.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 50 + pounds.
- Must pass necessary drug and alcohol screening process.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- CDL Class B a plus.
- Snow Plowing / Loader & Snow Box experience a plus.
- Compensation based on experience.
- Educational assistance for industry specific certifications.
- Leadership Training.
- Ability to earn paid Vacation time.
- Company uniforms provided.
Landscape Construction hours are generally 7:00am to 4:00pm, unless additional hours are needed to complete the job. Some Saturdays may be scheduled as well. Overtime must be pre-approved by a supervisor prior to working.